Sometimes a photographer can marvel in their luck and count good fortune as their friend if these spectacular photographs are any evidence. Each was taken without any awareness of what would happen next and are captured in places with predominantly gorgeous landscapes. Here are 50 great examples.
1. It's not every day you see a beautiful seal roaming the ocean's surface, so imagine the luck this photographer felt knowing he had captured the full wrath of a shark's mouth before it ate its prey.
2. Praying Mantis' ride bikes too...
3. The hanging moon
4. Imitating greatness
5. Where do you think you're going?
6. The floating board
7. When one life dies, another blooms
9. Stealing Paris
10. A beautiful swarm
11. The sixth ring
12. The flicking Buddha
13. The rising sun
14. The statue of lightning
15. The look of love
16. One small step for man, one giant leap for snowboarders
17. "Be safe my dearest."
18. The eye of the moon
20. Reach for the moon
22. Before the end
23. Making a splash
24. Survival of the fittest
25. A wet wedding
26. The surfing duck
27. Their words, not ours....
28. The destructive angel
29. Gliding away
30. Running away
31. Table for two?
32. The beauty who walked on water
33. Smothering your child in.... a bubble
34. Swan Lake
35. Eye on the prize
36. A close call
37. "Room for one more, guys?"
38. It's never too late to spread your wings
39. All bubbles burst
40. Death is always lurking around the corner
41. The crash of a wave is perhaps the most beautiful of all
42. Lightning strikes more than twice
44. The floating rocket
45. A water droplet reflects the image of the adjacent map
46. A lucid explosion
47. Leaving a trail
48. A plane passes a rectangular apartment block
49. Two swords meet simultaneously
50. A lucky escape
Sources: coviral.com, boredpanda.com, dose.com, perfectlytimedphotos.com, digitalsynopsis.com, lifebuzz.com, theatlantic.com, telegraph.co.uk, redit.com, facebook.com/reuteursolympics